This service is a Citizens Advice Bureau based at 222 Upper Street in Islington. Our advice is free, confidential, independent, and available to all Islington residents through appointments booked over the telephone.
Call 020 3475 5080 in the first instance 10am – 1pm on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday and 1pm – 4pm on Thursday and we can call you back and discuss how we can help you.
Our trained volunteers and specialist caseworkers can advise you on a wide range of issues, such as:
- Benefits checks, applications and appeals
- Debt problems, debt relief orders and bankruptcy applications
- Housing problems, including tenancy issues and repairs
- Employment problems, such as redundancy, unfair dismissal and discrimination
- Utilities problems – issues with suppliers of gas, electric and water
- Consumer problems, for example, faulty goods and complaints.
Funding for this service comes from Islington Council, but the Citizens advice Bureau is independent of the Council and will give you free, confidential advice.