This service is a Citizens Advice Bureau based at 222 Upper Street in Islington. Our advice is free, confidential, independent, and available to all Islington residents through appointments booked over the telephone.
If you are an Islington resident please call our new Adviceline on 03444 889 626 in the first instance. Calls are charged at the local rate. Lines are open from Monday – Friday 10am -1pm & 2pm to 4pm.
If you are calling from a mobile, you will be asked to give a local landline number, please use 0207 527 5259 (Please do not call 0207 527 5259 for advice – it will not be answered).
Our trained volunteers and specialist caseworkers can advise you on a wide range of issues, such as:
- Benefits checks, applications and appeals
- Debt problems, debt relief orders and bankruptcy applications
- Housing problems, including tenancy issues and repairs
- Employment problems, such as redundancy, unfair dismissal and discrimination
- Utilities problems – issues with suppliers of gas, electric and water
- Consumer problems, for example, faulty goods and complaints.
Funding for this service comes from Islington Council, but the Citizens advice Bureau is independent of the Council and will give you free, confidential advice.