Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RCJ Advice Bureau. Volunteering as a CAB volunteer can be hugely rewarding. As well as helping people from your community, volunteers gain valuable skills. Our CAB volunteers carry out a number of roles
- Gateway telephone advice available to any one in London
- Face to face gateway advice at Islington CAB
- Generalist advice via appointments at First Avenue House and Islington CAB.
Support every step of the way
We provide all trainee advisers with a comprehensive accredited training programme that will give you the skills you need to deliver a high quality service to clients. Our up-to-the-minute electronic information system contains most of the information you will need when advising clients.
You won’t be left alone after you are trained. Our guidance tutors give support, advice and guidance.
After initial training you will be given opportunities to develop further skills and increase the depth and breadth of your knowledge.
Reception and administration
We also regularly train:
- Receptionists at First Avenue House, RCJ or Islington CAB
- Administrative support at First Avenue House, RCJ or Islington CAB
Get in touch
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, please contact our guidance tutors via and request an application pack.