Welcome to RCJ Advice

We deliver free legal advice to people with a court case in the civil and family courts. All our services are currently available by email, phone and over zoom.

We currently have less appointments than usual to offer.

What we are going to do is

  • Keep reviewing triage forms – please continue to complete these. We will review if the matter is urgent or has an immediate deadline and try and help as many people as possible with legal advice. If we cannot offer you an appointment we will give you details of other organisations that can help you.
  • Keep our phone lines open if you need help completing a triage appointment. Our phone service will be available 2pm – 4pm on Monday/Wednesday and Friday.

Other services including our national domestic abuse service FLOWs have a full service.

We have a range of other advice projects. These are listed below and please see the website page for the service you need for further details.

Our free legal advice is available if you:

  • Are unable to afford a solicitor
  • Have a current civil or family matter that is in court, or is likely to go to court
  • Live in England & Wales

We are not able to advise on criminal, personal injury, or probate matters or assist if you live outside of the UK. We will always give details of other organisations who can assist if we can't help.

For our civil and family legal advice you can complete a triage form and email it back to us. We will then review your case and if we are able to offer you an appointment we will send you a link to book an appointment that suits you. You can also phone us between 2pm and 4pm Monday, Wednesday and Friday and we can support you to complete the form.

Civil - For anyone with a civil case in a County Court, High Court or Court of Appeal who needs legal advice and cannot afford a lawyer please read our civil triage form, complete this form and email to civiltriage@rcjadvice.org.uk. You can also call us on 0203 475 4373 between the hours of 2pm - 4pm Monday, Wednesday, or Friday if you require assistance completing the form.

Family - For anyone with a family case such as divorce, children or finance who needs legal advice and cannot afford a lawyer please read our family triage form and email to familytriage@rcjadvice.org.uk. You can also call 0203 745 8921 2pm - 4pm Monday, Wednesday, or Friday if you require assistance completing the form.

Our other advice projects include:

Debt - if you are worried about debts, including bankruptcy please contact us as soon as possible on debt@rcjadvice.org.uk or you can phone 0203 869 3195 on Thursday and Friday.

Domestic abuse - We deliver free legal advice for women survivors and you can call us on 0203 745 7707 or email us flows@rcjadvice.org.uk.

If you want legal protection via a non-molestation order or occupation order please register for CourtNav FL401. This is available to anyone and is available all the time, including bank holidays.

Men and other people facing domestic abuse can also contact our family legal team for legal advice (see family below).

Employment - If you need advice on employment problems you are facing please email our team on elas@rcjadvice.org.uk and we can help.

Housing - Our housing team provide advice on a range of housing issues such as threatened eviction, or homelessness and can be contacted at housing@rcjadvice.org.uk or call 020 7947 7484.

SPIPS - We deliver the Separated Parents Information Programme (SPIP) by zoom. This is a 4 hour course which looks at how to put the needs of children first during separation. If you have a court order SPIPS are provided free. If you want to attend a SPIP privately there is a charge. Please contact SPIPS@rcjadvice.org.uk

Please see how all our services can assist you and use the details given to contact the services.

If you have any queries about how the courts are changing the way they are dealing with cases please check www.gov.uk for for the latest announcements.


Intro Image 01